The answer to this question is subjective to the requirements that govern the project. Each framework has its own distinctive features that might sway your decision in choosing that particular framework. Some frameworks are well documented, while few others have a strong support community and some are quite easy to integrate and implement in your project.
Reasons to prefer AngularJS over other frameworks
- DOM manipulation
- Two-Way Data Binding Ability
- Extensive features that are well tested
- Google assisted and aided
- Strong and staunch following community
- Material UI integration improved by PWAs and optimizer
Developed by facebook, React was initially used internally for its news feed. The effectiveness of react was realized when it was open sourced in 2013. The effectiveness in creating single page applications, SPAs was complemented with ability to create UI components that are both interactive and reusable.
The main advantage of react is that it seamlessly integrates with any development architecture, facilitating both the client and server side rendering, making simultaneous working possible. The rendering of sub-trees of a nodes that changes is also supported in react with a use of a virtual DOM. The node changes can be depicted by writing codes as if the each page gets rendered upon when such node changes occur.
It also boasts an extension to the JS language syntax called the JSX that helps in structuring each render with a familiar code syntax. The handling of APIs and DOMs are simplified and allow changes to be done in HTML and XML documents.
Reasons to prefer ReactJS over other frameworks
- Offers a smooth learning curve
- Fits on other frameworks as a view only layer
- Performance is improved with the help of virtual DOM
- Enables re-usability of components
- Code stabilized with unidirectional data flow
- Open-source library
In many ways Vue.js is quite similar to ReactJS framework. Vue.js also boasts a virtual DOM to enhance the performance. Like ReactJS, Vue.js is also a framework for view layer. Vue.js, like react, also requires the storage of component logic and its layout that are apart from the style sheet in one single file. The use props and state objects also adds to the similarity of Vue with React.
Working on Vue can be particular tricky if you haven’t used AngularJS or ReactJS. With a reasonable level of understanding of Angular and React, one can really make use of Vue.js to a good effect. The presence of a Redux library which makes it easy to develop complex large applications.
Reasons to prefer Vue.js over other frameworks
- The size of Vue.js is much smaller
- With the knowledge of Angular and React, it is much simpler to use.
- Easy integration
- Well documented
- Extremely flexible
- Allows a two way communication between server and client